Saturday, December 24, 2005

part 1: i keep a close watch on this heart of mine

So it has been about 10 days since the last time I "blogged." I have fully slacked despite the fact that I have most definately had the time to write. I just did not have the drive I guess. I want to change some things up a bit, I will keep up the "dear diary" type entries I'm sure, but I've had a hankering to try my hand at music reviews, cultural commentary, current events, that sort of thing. Bear with me please, I need to get it out of my system. Maybe I will just incorporate changes into regular blog type entires, so they are in disguise. Anyways, back to our regularly scheduled programming: here is a debriefing since Dec. 14.

Kylie got married!!! Yes, she is now Kylie Lyons and her wedding weekend was wonderful (ugh, sorry, I'm gagging on the alliteration too). She truly was the beautiful bride. I had the pleasure of coordinating the wedding for her, a job which I had no idea I would enjoy so much! I loved it, and suprisingly (or not) I could see myself pursuing it as at least a part-time career. You never know when you might need some extra work.

As wedding nazi, I told everyone when to line up and "go" if you will, and something that will stick in my mind is Eric in the hallway or emotion just prior to the ceremony. We had the groom, parents, grandparents, friends and relatives so emotions were high. But it was gorgeous, and seeing Eric before and then watching the ceremony (which I cried throughout) I was hit hard with how powerful the love we can find is. And simply the fact God even gives us that opportunity is phenomenal. The love we can find in a life-partner, should reflect the love God shows us. Don't get me wrong, I know it is no where near as perfect, it is work, but that is okay--I want that kind of work. You should all see that I am a hopeless romantic, I believe in love and the power of love under the best and worst circumstances. I do not think anything that happens to me will change my heart in that sense. And seeing them take their vows, you know there will be rough spots, times when things aren't so picturesque, but my heart (and tears) still swelled just becuase of the love you could feel between them; and you know they will be okay no matter what. They have not only love but a faith and a relationship founded in what it is supposed to be, and that is enough to keep anybody going.

The wedding was great, I'm so thankful to have been a part of it and to have Kylie and Eric in my life as friends. I headed back to Abilene and it was quiet. But good. I loved being by myself this past week, but it was bittersweet, some days I was content being alone, yet I still wanted someone around. Funny how that works. Update on the Christmas house across the street: small archways were added alond the sidewalk leading to the big archway that you walk under, a white plastic light up Christmas tree, candy canes along the front walk and net lights on the bushes. Hopefully by the time I return to my apartment, there will be a family of snow-people, 6 more reindeer, a sleigh that actually moves across the lawn and possibly an inflatable Mrs. Claus to keep old Santa company. Maybe some animatronic elves? Yes, please.

On that note: It is Christmas Eve. I can't believe it, where has my year gone? Okay, thats it, really. Tonight is always so exciting, no matter how old I get. I wish it was snowing. Santa flies tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home