Monday, December 26, 2005

eyes wide open

It is late. Here is my theory: the longer I stay awake at night, the less time I am awake during the day. Therefore, the less time I feel I have to find something to do around here during the daylight hours.

Andrews is slow moving....still, big suprise, and last night was the first time I tried my theory. It worked. Granted I was a little sick today so I laid low anyways, but still. I think my mom was/is upset that I am not staying through the New Year here. Maybe I am being selfish. I don't know, I enjoy being at home, yet I'm not going to lie, I get bored, and if I were to stay here for New Year's I would be alone. Seriously. Now chances are I might be alone if I go back to Abilene too, but at least I might have better odds of finding something to do. Here I'm fresh out of luck, and of people I know. I'm not really complaining, I've come to terms with the fact that, like Ashley said, I come "house" not home.

I don't have much to say today, so rejoice in the short read. I apologize for writing so much all the time. At least recently I've been trying to catch up so they will be shorter.

I have decided that in the spring when I am making money (although I should save it) there are some things I want to do. One weekend I will go to Boston and go to a Red Sox game during which I will eat a hot dog. Duh. I love baseball, I love baseball stadiums, they are so alive. The feeling I get in those places is fantastic. I have always wanted to go to Boston and Fenway Park, so much history, so much life, you get to just breathe it in. Elvis was on the radio today and that inspired me to visit Memphis and Graceland. I have never been the Tennessee at all, and everyone is always saying how great it is, so why not do the Elvis thing while I'm there. I suppose you haven't lived until you've visited Graceland. Plus I like Elvis, he makes me think of my Grandaddy (so does Buddy Holly), and I've heard Memphis is quite nice. I would also like to go to the new International Spy Museum in D.C. becuase I just think it sounds cool. Spy stuff, who doesn't love spy stuff??? And I would like to go back to the Museum of Natural Science. So I've got three places so far. All east of here. The makings of a great travel log, and some awesome pictures. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home