Tuesday, March 21, 2006

tell me what you want, what you really really want

I started GRE prep course tonight. We took a practice test and I sucked it up. Ha. Well I guess, I don't even know what "average" scores are. Anyways.

Then I paid a late visit to a friend. A friend who feels like an old friend though we have only known each other a short time. She and I are kindred spirits. I had not seen her since January and it was great to catch up. When I left her house I got pulled over for not using my turn signal. I'm usually pretty psycho about using my turn signal, and the one time I don't...it is alright though, he didn't give me a ticket. Although I got a bit worried and frustrated.

Now I am watching Pride and Prejudice for what seems like the jillionth time. I have put in the DVD as my final action of the day, every day for the past two weeks. I'm not sure why, but it is beautiful to look at and the music is peaceful. Although I do love the story. Always have. Myself and millions of others, I know, but still. I think I always thought I would have a romance like that. I suppose I imagined a Darcy of my own, a bit socially awkward, stubborn like me, with whom I could verbally spar. I know that is not all there was to their love, but they keep each other on their toes. A story of miscommunications, assumptions, and preconcieved notions--a story for the ages I guess. Who hasn't heard it a thousand times over?

I'm getting a filling tomorrow. The first of two. I'm a bit nervous.

Watching: Pride and Prejudice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home