Thursday, June 08, 2006

you are the only one who needs to know

Adventures in Housesitting: Day 1

Well, 24 hours have passed and I have completed my first day of housesitting. Fairly uneventful. Last night when I got here, I was briefed in everything housesit-ish. Such as the proper use of the house alarm, important phone numbers, etc. I'm worried I will accidentally set off the alarm at some point. We'll see. So far I'm 1 for 1. But I think I'm going to enjoy the time that I'm here. Only one of the cats, Dash, has been very social so far. One of vie. Five cats, I had forgotten there were that many, but I really don't notice becuase they are shy.

I feel a little like I'm staying in a hotel. I have 4 beds to choose from and 4 other rooms in which I can sit in big chairs and read books and I can take jacuzzi baths and watch big screen TV. Last night I slept in one of the king-sized beds. I was in my own kingdom! That is the greatness of having a king-sized bed when you are married, I will have my kingdom, you will have yours, but we can be diplomatic about things. Ha. Although, right now, I have decided that if I am single forever I won't own a king-sized bed, it is too lonely, queen is good enough for a person my size. I like it for "vacation" and I like all the pillows, but I have a feeling that in a few days I will think a sleepover would be really fun too.

Today was all about catching up. Had lunch with an old friend, ran errands with another and ate dinner with another. Whew. I'm all socialized out! But it was good and fun, I hadn't seen any of those friends in a long time and it is always nice to catch up with people. I also went to Barnes and Noble and bought 3 books. I love book buying, it is one of my favorite things.

I was also thinking how great it would be to have friends come visit. How fun would that be huh??? Super fun. I know! So who wants to come visit me? I'm at 64th and Memphis. You should come. It will be fun, we can sleep in, play, just have a good old time hanging out. I would love that. We could go paint ceramics, go to the OMNI theatre, bum around. Sounds good to me. What do you say?

Fact: Syracuse University offered a class in 2001 entitled Queen Bitch 101: The Life and Times of Lil' Kim. The curriculum was focused how Lil' Kim and her openness with her sexuality affected popular culture. She even lectured to the class.

Uh-oh, here comes Dash, hes coming to check me out and be friendly. Oh just kidding, he passed me up. It is about letting go and allowing things to happen, it is about trying something you normally wouldn't and finding happiness.

Watching: Gladiator

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home