Sunday, January 25, 2009

out of here

Well. It has been quite some time. I imagine anyone who used to frequent this blog no longer does. AI'm getting back to my roots and resuming my recreational writing. You know, the whole new year thing applies change across the board, so I might as well pick up some of the old habits. 

I've spent the past 48 hours attempting to pack up my apartment. The apartment I've lived in since I moved here two and a half years ago. Nearly to the day. Why the change? To quote Rafiki, "It is time." 2008 was a whirlwind--up and down, back and forth, circles, circles, circles--and a change in environment is necessary. I've found a rent house, and I'm really excited. I will be making the transition from apartment to rent house in about 3 weeks, and I couldn't be more ready. Minus the whole being packed thing. 

Packing is a trip. I'm a pack rat and keep things for years and years and years. I found journals from my freshman year of college. Wow.  I read through them last night and it was interesting (to say the very least) to see how my life has progressed, the people who have moved through it, the people who remain, and the way I've changed. The past year has been a difficult one. Reading my journals reminded me that I've had difficult times before (duh, who hasn't?), but it was enlightening to see how I've changing in regards to handling the stresses of life. It is the beginning of a new year, so of course change and progression is on the brain, maybe even more so with the changes we experience on a national scale (the election, new president, economic turmoil, in case you've been living under a rock). I have reached a crossroads. Again. And I'm finally okay with it. It has taken me a few months of questions and sudden changes and slow changes and reminders, but I'm here. Ready. 

Life is uncertain. Each day is a new one. We retain the memories of the one before, but we have the opportunity to make new ones. In the past few weeks so many things have become more clear. I've had a few of those lightbulb moments that I'm anxious to seek out, anxious to share, but satisfied in the waiting. I am just becoming comfortable in my skin again and it is nice. I missed me. So, back to packing, back to the trip, back to change. 

It has been awhile, but you didn't think I'd come back with something light and airy, did you? 

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger mary beth said...

i'm so glad you are writing again! i miss talking to you!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home