Monday, February 20, 2006

cozy in a rocket

Well, I survived the weekend. Not like it was going to be work or anything, but it was busy. It started Friday in the freezing cold when I found Mize outside of Moody and I squealed. Then it got better when we went to the airport and picked up Mary Beth. Then it got even more awesome when the three of us went to Cracker Barrel and met Linds, Camille, Rosalyn, Becca and Emily. Wow. I know, I'm still pretty excited too. I ate really really fast and went to Sing Song to work Diva Central. It was pretty quiet in there so I went and watched part of the show. Then I went to the Perry's where Kylie and Eric were! Yay. After that Mize and I went to Wal-Mart to get tissue paper and ended up staying for about 45 minutes in the CDs where we scanned the barcodes and listened to the 3 sample songs and 1 video from each one. Then we danced up and down the aisles. I did the Beyonce walk and dance and a woman walking by saw me and gave me a funny look. Mize nearly passed out laughing and so did I, but I did not care becuase it was awesome anyways.

Saturday was Camille's lingerie shower and then we all just ran around and did some errands. Dinner at Abuelo's and Sing Song, which I'm sure all of you have heard about the scoring debacle. Ha. Oh man. So weird. Sunday was another brunch and then a lazy day. Mize and I went to a lecture thing at the Bean Sprout, "U2 and the Psalms: From Rage to Ecstacy." Homer Hiccolm and the Rocketboys played the music and there was a speaker and I found it to be pretty interesting. There were a ton of people in there and it was out of control hot, but good. People I haven't seen in awhile, people I didn't know at all, young people, parent-type people, people I remain to be uncomfortable around and people who suprised me with their friendliness and conversation and likewise people who suprise me with their unfriendliness. Oh, people! Tonight is a similar lecture about the movie Crash. I might go even though I haven't seen the movie yet.

Ummmm, thats really it. Well, my level of unemployment is becoming increasingly greater, and may be even more so as of the end of this week. We will have to see. The real-real wolrd is running in my direction and I pretty much freaked out about it yesterday, but then told myself there was nothing I could do until I found out for sure so I might as well chill. Having my friends here was great. I haven't felt excitement and happiness like that in awhile. There is just something abot having your bests around that is satisfying, especially after the week I had two weeks ago and the "sad silence" post. So for a few days, I don't have any sad silence. Thank goodness. I miss my friends dearly. I get lonesome. It was a good weekend though. Very good.

I think I'm done for right now. I have nothing to reflect on at the moment. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 72 degrees and I like that. Wednesday is after Tuesday and we know how I feel about Wednesdays. But for right now it is Monday and I am good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home