Thursday, February 02, 2006

i am an island

This week I am complacent. Or at least I'm telling myself that I am. I have done nothing to look for a job and I am pretty sure my tone of voice has been "pleasantly annoyed" all week. Sorry about that. I will run after work and I will sweat and that will make me feel better and I will be nice again.

Something that just rubs me the wrong way is when people don't follow through. And I'm irrevocably guilty. I have dropped the ball plenty of times when it comes to following through, just not on the big things like school, preventing nuclear wars, etc. But I don't think that is where it matters. It is the little things like telling people you will send them a card, or write them an email or give them a phone call or drop by to say hi. Maybe those "little" things have an effect on me becuase they remind me that I've got company while I'm trying to just get through. I don't know. I've just been thinking about that recently. So I'm going to try to follow through more effectively. Maybe it is just my need for socialization that has reminded me that I love receiving those gestures, so I should worry less about receiving them and worry more about giving them. I will be your company if you will have me.

What else? Not much really. It is a beautiful day outside, and I wish this desk was closer to the curb. A new OC tonight. It will be great. I'm listening to Eisley right now. Hmmmm, I think I'm fresh out of things to say. I would like to go home now. 1 hour and 45 minutes left though. I have begun to doubt my ability to make it through. Ah, it just hit me, I have a feeling about what I need (or maybe it is a want) and I'm pretty sure I know who can help me out with that. Interesting. Something to think about. But not too much. Maybe I will write more later if I am bored.

An island never cries.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I newed to follow through more often also.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Rosalyn said...

Jeebs I'm right there with you on the following through...I also need to "worry less about receiving them and worry more about giving them"...you hit the nail on the head there thanks for that reminder and encouragement!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home