Tuesday, February 07, 2006

i do believe its true

I don't really have much to say. I greened vases all day today and yesterday at a flower shop. I am working on two loads of laundry right now, and I am looking forward to sleeping in, even if it is just an extra hour, tomorrow morning.

Working at a flower shop makes you realize that some people have an eye for shape, color, space, etc.; some have an eye that can be trained, and others are just blind or cycloptic (I don't know if that is a real world but I think it sounds okay). I have found that I am somewhere between choice A and B. Greening vases (putting in the initial greenery a.ka. the leaves) does not look that complicated neither does it seem that complicated when you start out. But when your Marilyn vase (yes that is the name of the vase, I'm sure you can guess its namesake as well as shape...its actually my favorite) ends up looking as unruly as Bob Marley's dreads after 45 minutes of clipping and strategically placing pieces of greenery, you get a little frustrated. I finally got the hang of it yesterday and was old hat today. Though poor Daphne, another girl, well 40 year old woman really, working there couldn't ever quite get it. At first hers were all too short, and mine were all too tall and wild. Maybe that says something about our personalities. Ha. So anyways, my floral eye is becoming more focused and I like it.

Tomorrow is another new day. Another Wednesday, how are we already at Wednesday?? Where does my time go, and how do I spend it? I don't know and somewhat alone. I watched a new TV show tonight, Love Monkey on CBS. It is about Tom, a record label executive who leaves his big wig label and joins an indie label. I like it. Lots of funny nuances and great little music and sports quips here and there. Tonight he referred to someone as a "conversational cul-de-sac," and I'm pretty sure we all know a few of those. I thought it was funny.

Okay so I just went and changed out my laundry. A few things about laundry. It is slightly gross when people don't clean of the lint catcher. Besides getting all linty, they tend to get slightly hairy. Ew. Secondly, I put clothes from the washer into the dryer. I remembered my quarters, but forgot my dryer sheets. I suppose I could have just left it alone, just let them dry without dryer sheets, but I'm sorry I need that Snuggle goodness in my life. So what do I do? I go downstairs and walk over to the laundry room once with the quarters and put the clothes in the dryer (here is when I realize the missing dryer sheets) walk back to my apartment, get dryer sheets, traipse back downstairs and to the laundry room and get the job done. Third, walking around my apartment complex at night creeps me out a little. Especially when I'm only weilding two Snuggle dryer sheets and my own brute strength. Yeah, I am laughing too. All of that work for good smelling laundry. I can probably be classified in the neurotic category for the OCD laundry move, but I'm okay with it I think.

I told you I didn't have much to say today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home