Thursday, January 05, 2006

take a seat

I am nearing the end of my first day of "real" work. Technically I'm not sure it is still a real job or not, but I'm comfortable here. I've been a student worker in this office for the past three and a half years, so I know where things are, I know how things work. I like that. It is just deathly quiet. You get really really comfortable with the clicking of your own keyboard, and try to search out things to type so you don't have to hear the silence, becuase hearing the silence and seeing the rest of the world outside through the window going about things while you sit and are deafened by nothing.

On the desk I am sitting at there is an office-wide picture that we all took before the Christmas holidays. It is a pretty good picture, thank goodness it isn't last years' (talk about rough), but I think I look funny. Of course. I think you can tell I'm standing on my tippy toes. But I had to! I have developed the worst sleeping patterns the past two days and it is really catching up with me. My body is aching. My neck and shoulders are really sore, and my throat hurts. I hope I'm not getting sick, I've done pretty well at staying well this school-year, I don't want or need to get sick.

It is Thursday, I'm in love. Or something like that. I just am. Although I am having a hard time believing that it is Thursday. As much as this break felt like it would never end, I'm not sure where this week has gone. I'm supposed to leave for Austin tomorrow, and I hope I can get all my stuff together between now and then for the weekend so I can leave at 5. Otherwise I may not be leaving until Saturday morning, which is kind of a pain, becuase we all know I am a total night owl.

I know this was a completely anti-climactic, non-descriptive blog. I have some things to say about the first part of the week, but work is almost over, and there is no time, so I will save all kinds of excitement for tomorrow. Here is a re-cap: driving to Abilene, Rocketboys show, funny conversations, illnesses revleaed, lazy Wednesday, Papa Johns and the Rose Bowl. I hope everyone caught the Rose Bowl last night and saw my boyfriend, Matt, #11 for USC. Even though he was a bit grumpy during the post-game interview, he is nice to look at. Although I can't blame him, I would probably have been in a bad mood too, and he and Reggie Bush did go congratulate the horns, so he is completely redeemed in my book for any smart remarks about which way the game went. Sorry Matty, you'll still get drafted. You and Vince.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home