Monday, January 02, 2006

that you only meant well

It is my last day at my parents' house. All in all it has been good. I figured I'd blog while I was burning pictures onto CDs for my dad. He is at the Cotton Bowl and I am jealous. I wish I had gone, even though Tech lost. It would have been fun!

Okay so I read my last entry, and I'm not a nut I promise. Just don't read too much into it, okay? I'm not weirded out about whatever it was I was weirded out about anymore, I'm just complacent about it I guess. Nothing new I can really do or think about the situation, so I need to just take the advice I give to others and just breathe. I forget to do that sometimes. I need to just be. I try I really do, I just think way too much. Any of you who know me at all know that. Things will be fine. I am fine. You are fine. We are all fine.

I saw King Kong yesterday. It was good, although I could have done with fewer giant bugs, head-sucking swap worms, and tyrannosaurus rex v. King Kong fight scenes (in which Kong threw punches and I giggled to myself a little...I mean imagine monkey arms v. t-rex arms, its funny). There was extensive screaming, thrashing and running, but I still thought it was good. Jack Black was completely appropriate, and Naomi Watts was doe-eyed most of the time towards old Kong. I adored Adrien Brody's role, and the scenery was nothing short of spectacular considering a reasonable amount of it was computer generated or had computer generated images over it. Truly amazing to look at. Kudos to the newly thin, shaven, and groomed Peter Jackson. If nothing else the period costumes were gorgeous, note Watts' peacoat with Victorian style buttons on the sleeves--adorable, I am looking for something similar.

Well, my car is loaded, for the most part, and I'm off to Abilene. My boss at school had her baby yesterday morning, he was the first in Abilene of the New Year! So that is incredibly exciting, I can't wait to meet him; it also means I go in to work tomorrow afternoon to meet with the man I will be sharing her job with. I think it will be a fun couple of months, I'm excited about being on the non-student worker side of it.

Well that is all. Maybe I will have something to share when I get back to Abilene and get unpacked. Unpacking is a feat I am seriously dreading, but I have 2.5 hours in the car to figure out where everything will go. I hope some of you played outside today since it feels like springtime.

I love Paris in the springtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home