Tuesday, January 17, 2006

every little thing is gonna be all right

I woke up about 3 hours later than I intended today to my phone ringing "the text message noise" at me. Sometimes that is pleasant, sometimes that is not. Today it was somewhere in the middle. Me: "Uhhh, seriously? Who the heck is that?" (glance at the clock) "What? I totally set my alarm last night. Ugh." (Yeah all of that really was out loud). (I read text message) "What does that mean? Chapel? Huh?" Apparently I'm all kinds of clueless in the morning, and yeah so it was 11 and the rest of the civlized world had been up for about 4 hours already, but I'm working on moving into the civilized world as we speak. I can't even get simple jokes right after I wake up, unless I am mentally prepared to be alert post-snooze button. It is a pretty good rule that I need about 10-15 minutes on a good day to start moving at a comprehensible speed towards my daily productivity.

So then I got ready for my day and had my usual lunch, toasted turkey and cheddar sandwich, which I imagine I will be pretty sick of, oh like tomorrow. Anyways, then I ventured forth to Municipal Court, at City Hall, where I would be "appearing" to reconcile the traffic ticket I got two days ago. Now this wasn't a speeding ticket (try to silence yourselfs as you gasp in disbelief) but a "failure to obey a red light" type traffic violation. So here's the deal: I was just plain stupid. No other reason behind it. None. Unfortunately. I was driving the other night to get some Gatorade, and there is a flashing red light, I change my mind at the last minute about which way I'm going to turn and just straight up go through the light. I felt like a moron. But then the officer made me a little angry. He wasn't rude per se, but he talked down to me I assume becuase I'm a twenty-something female in a new car. Now, I don't think that is a very valid reason, I'm fairly car-savvy (just ask Becca-haha). I've had am engine basically blow up while I was driving and I still managed to do okay. (This was only after I walked 2 miles for more coolant and oil and used a Dr. Pepper bottle as a funnel. Yeah it still blew up...not my fault.) Anyways, that ruffled my feathers, but I was polite to him and provided him with all the information he asked for, yet he still insisted on speaking to me like a petulant child. I doubt there is anyway he will ever come across my blog, but if you do Officer Buras, just know I didn't appreciate that. Okay I will step off my soapbox now.

Back to Municipal Court. I waited in line for and hour. A WHOLE HOUR. It was torture. And it smelled really bad in there, like BO and dirty feet and that stuff they put on the carpet in elementary school when kids throw up and miss the trash can they are running towards. But I got it taken care of, and that was the most exciting thing I did today. Oh yeah, and I made a few flower arrangements at Hobby Lobby that were really fun (they included feathers!!!) but I decided not to buy them after I spent like 25 minutes wandering through the floral aisles picking through hydrangeas and peonies and wild tuscan rose sprigs. Then I ran a few miles. And let me just tell you that I thought I was going to die from being so cold. I am such a wuss. (This is when my mom laughs at me and says "And you're thinking about going to school in New York or Boston??") Yeah, I'll have to toughen up a bit.

What else? I've got nothing. No drama, no weird conversations, no nothing. I'm sorry for running short on diatribes, essays regarding odd relationships, or reactions to new information, if I'm your daily source, maybe there will be a new shipment soon. Right now I'm fresh out. But I'm thinking thats not a bad thing. Oh it is never really as dramatic or awkward as it sounds, well okay so sometimes, we all know that.

I think I will bake some cookies now. I even cooked myself dinner tonight, I will soon be competing for the domestic diva title. When you catch me in my heels and pearls, it is time for a intervention. But then again, June Cleaver had it pretty good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosalyn said...

jen I will compete with you for domestic diva....I just baked my third batch of homeade chocolate chip cookies in the last two weeks...I'm a mad woman and need help...i need to be the one running a few miles..

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home