Tuesday, February 28, 2006

let the bad air out

I pretty much purged my apartment tonight starting around 10. I scrubbed down nearly every surface I could find, and the only thing that kept me from dusting and vacuuming was the fact that wen it was time for that it was a bit late and I think my neighbors below me would fire me. So that will have to wait until tomorrow. But when it happens, my house will be germ-free. I ended up with 2.5 bags of things to throw away, and 5 loads of laundry that I'm still waiting to retrieve from the dryers. One thing about laundry, I love for everything to be clean, but absolutely HATE folding clothes. I hate it. Drudgery.

I'm sitting in the dark watching the weather channel and trying to cool off in here. My dishwasher is running and is a bit loud, but I also have fans going and my balcony door open as well as my bedroom window. I'm trying to ciruclate the air, becuase when I was scrubbing I nearly had a heat stroke, so I turned off as many lights as I could and kept going. Silly maybe, but its 12:45 and nearly 70 degrees outside. This weather makes me think of Costa Rica. Only without the sound of the beach, (unless you count to water in my dishwasher...if I close my eyes I'm there) howler monkeys and crazy birds that made the weirdest noises I've ever heard (every morning around 4...just in time to get you ready for the sun to come up at 6). Seriously, this bird or lizard or whatever the heck it was made the scariest noise; take the noise you get when you need your brake pads replaced only magnified times five, add it to Rudolph's nose noise (see "lights will guide you home" post for clarification), marry that pair to the waving dissonance you get when attempting to tune two instruments together (wah wah wah wah wah) and you have something pretty close. Needless to say it scared me to conciousness the first morning.

Other than that, I'm just trying to get my feet under me this week with changes in jobs and that sort of thing. Tomorrow will shed some light on everything and hopefully I'll know a little more what is going on. Regardless, the job search continues, the resume is updated (but I definately want someone else to look over it again) and now I just have to get all my contacts together and start trying to convince people I'm cool enough, smart enough, tall enough, fast enough, funny enough, (insert your preferred adjective) enough to hire.

I will let you know what I find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home