Sunday, April 02, 2006

yeah shes dashing for the exit

Well, well. Spring forward. Awesome.
Today=love.

After much thinking and a little talking I've some to the conclusion that I've got to slow down. Everything. I must slow everything down. The way I think, what I say, how I act, what I do, sloooooowwwwwweeeerrrrrr. Okay, maybe not that slow, but I'll ease up a bit. What brings this about you ask?

Friday (like I said in that post) I did quite a bit of thinking. One thing I thought about Friday and through the weekend was relationships. Yeah, yeah, I know, I've harped on this one a lot, but keeping reading, this is new stuff, I promise. And if it isn't, you have every right to publicly mock me, that is if you don't already. Okay so most relationships (of whatever nature), contrary to what seems to be popular belief in the collegiate world, don't just happen. You can't forcefeed yourself a friendship, dating relationship or whatever else. I for one, am irrevocably guilty of thinking I can. Sorry about that. I know better, I really do. Natural is the key, huh? Eh. Last night I was jolted into this train of thought. Taking "it" all slow, not ever forgetting about "it," but allowing "it" to manifest gradually can be invaluable. I don't mean you should just idle, but I'm pretty sure you get my point. Just no setting huge expectations, just living, breathing, dynamic existence. No pressure. I feel oddly liberated for whatever reason, not sure what. I don't want to attempt to explain anymore right now. I hope I can apply this. It would be nice, it would have been nice in the past. Things might have been simpler then, making things more great now. But the past is what it is, and there isn't much to do about it other than build off of it.

So I just mentioned the "jolting" that took place to get me into this train of thought. I thought I knew what I was going to hear and say, but I was suprised and suprised myself. I just had some release, and it was comforting and incredibly uncomfortable at the same time. I'm sleepy.

Everyone is just going along trying to get through this crazy thing, huh? Thank goodness I'm not doing this on my own--I just have to keep that in mind.

I had several people (random employees at restaraunts, or people I ran in to and spoke with) tell me I had sad eyes. Sad eyes. Man, maybe I'm just tired, or hiding behind my bangs. Speaking of which, another several people told me that I looked like a completely different person with this new hair-do. Hmmmm. I don't feel too different.....but then again.

Watching: Elizabethtown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home