Tuesday, June 13, 2006

lets rearrange

Day 5:

Pretty much the same as day 4. Only I drove around for half an hour looking for a mailbox that had a late pickup time. I finally found the post office. Then it rained. Hard. Really hard. The kind of rain that actually sounds a little like hail. It happened all of the sudden, then it was pretty much over. It was nice to listen to though once I got back to the house. I've been cleaning and doing laundry and I'm wating for stuff in the dryer that is why it is 3:30 and I'm sitting here killing time.

Other than that I paroused both Facebook and MySpace for ridiculous amounts of time becuase I was bored and there are pictures to look at. Ha. Something interesting. A special on Vh1 called "America: The Drug Years" was tonight. Interesting and funny at points too. It is a documentary with different scientists, cultural critics, and historians. They showed clips from films made during the early 60s warning kids about the dangers of marijuana. One depicted a "pot party" with "youngsters" and followed the story of one kid who "put his dignity and future on the chopping block" when he accepted a joint. Clips from Reefer Madness, the infamous marijuana warning film of which I'd already actually seen some of (random I know), were used and they are so out there--this woman going maniacal playing the piano while smoking pot. Crazy. It also talked about how drugs like LSD became highly recreational after the CIA began to fear that it would be used by the Russian government as a truth serum of sorts. So the government started doing private studies. Nutty. That was my random information share for the day. You should watch it if you like documentaries about the evolution of culture, etc.

I just sounded like a huge nerd, but thats okay. I need some water.

Watching: Last Holiday

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home