Sunday, July 02, 2006

and some nights are just big

Well, I've packed some boxes. Books mostly. The fact that I have multiple boxes of books may be totally weird to some, but completely normal for me. Whenever my family moved around, and it seemed to happen every five years or so, I always had a ton of heavy boxes for a little kid becuase I had so many books. I'm such a nerd, but I don't mind, starting next Monday I'll be paid to be a nerd.

Yesterday I went to the driving range with Erin and it was pretty fun. I didn't suck nearly as bad as I have in the past, I was pretty proud of myself considering my status as fairly unexperienced. It was good for me though, I would like to go again this week sometime I think. Ros came into town yesterday afternoon and having her here was g-r-e-a-t. We just had fun and it was the coolest. So good. Last night we went to a wedding reception, and we tried to fit in a lot of "Abilene things" yesterday and today, (i.e. Blizzards, limeades, Chicken E..etc, etc) but we didn't get to Mary's Palateria. That will have to be next time.

I think I'm going to stay up late tonight and pack, hardcore. I'll just put in a movie and work my butt off. Stress level update: I think it has gone down a little. I got a little better sleep last night, but my tummy is still full of squirrels. Sucks, but I know it is just the stress of everything that is going on. Whew. I should start watching Pride and Prejudice before I go to bed. When I got stressed out a few months ago, that always seemed to help calm me down. Who the heck knows why, though. Kind of a weird practice, I know.

I've been writing a ton lately (and I don't mean on my blog, though the past few have been a little lengthy). Just writing in a little spiral notebook. I'm not exactly sure what I'm writing for, no real purpose, I just sit down and write, not poetry though. I was never one of those kids who sat and wrote poetry though. Some people have that knack, I just never particularly cared for it for some reason. Mine is more like a conversation that you and I would have. That is the way I like it. Sometimes I just feel like I have things to say, so I write them down. Maybe someday I will let you read them. It would be interesting for someone to respond. But probably a little scary as well. Eh.

I'm starting to like the way packing tape and sharpies smell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home