Wednesday, July 12, 2006

here i go, here i go, here i go again

Halfway through my first week in the real world and so far I'm fairly unscathed. I am an editor, therefore I read book manuscripts and fix people's mistakes. 9-5, with a 1 hour lunch break. I like it so far. The first day was a little nerve-wracking, I felt like I was being pummeled with information and people and faces and technology, but now I think we're okay.

I go meet the carpool at 8:25 a.m. and we get to the office about 8:55 a.m. Most everyone there shares an office with someone else, and I got put with a guy named Mark who will actually be leaving at the end of the month to start law school, so I'll have to start all over with someone new after he leaves. We get along pretty well, and I'm glad I got put with someone who is friendly. Our office is a bit like a cave though. He never turns the lights on and just uses a floor lamp, so I feel like a bat. Plus the first two days he was using this candle that was caramel flavored and it was so incredibly strong. We would leave the office and smell like caramel. I'm not even kidding. Yesterday when I got home and the apartment people had left me a candle as a "housewarming" gift, I decided to put it to good use. No more caramel, at least for now.

Other than that, my apartment is still sort of in boxes. Well, not sort of, it is. But I am sleeping in my bed and I can sit in the living room and watch TV while I unpack boxes. What a week. It is 10:35 p.m. and I am exhausted. But happy. I like it here so far. The transition has been pretty smooth up to this point. I miss people though. I'm excited for the rest of the week and the weekend when I will get to explore a little bit. It is bedtime I think, I need to "catch up" on some sleep, even though I know that is scientifically impossible.

Listening: The Streets

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home