Monday, April 10, 2006

you are what you love, not what loves you back

Well. 24 is moving along quite nicely, on disc 4 of season 1. Not too shabby, and I'm liking it more than I was at first. Okay so it is 3:35 a.m. and I have NO IDEA why I am awake. Alright, well I do a little, becuase I am talking to Ashley and there is a 2 hour time difference, but I'm not sleepy, so here I am.

Last night (Saturday) I went to a dinner at ACU at which Robin Roberts (Good Morning America) spoke. I really enjoyed it. I thought she was funny and very personable, and I also enjoyed what she had to say about putting yourself in the position for good things to happen to you. So that was good. My mom and her friend came into town for about 24 hours and that was pretty nice becuase I had a huge pile of ironing that she so graciously offered to help me with. And there is less clutter in my house now. Cool huh?

So as of right now I'm not working tomorrow, which is actually okay becuase I HAVE to take defensive driving. Erg. There go 6 hours of my life, but I will get over it I'm sure. Sonic has new peach tea and its pretty darn good. I love singing in my car.

As straightforward as I would like to be (as a general rule) I find that difficult at times. And it seems to be difficult at times when it would be most appropriate. One thing I realized is that I'm really good at thinking about what I need/want to say, BUT when it comes to the execution, I'm a little weak. I just get all tongue-tied and unbrave. Sigh. What to do but just buck up and get brave. Last week I decided to go back to the basics, and that worked pretty well for a week, I just hope I can keep it up. But not to the point of apathy. It is hard to shake the habit of over-analyzing and weirding out about life in general. I'm just awfully good at that sometimes, especially when it makes zero sense to be that way. So I'm working on it.

Remember everyone it is Peep season!!!!! Go buy some $.88 treats for yourself and someone you love. You'll be glad you did. Especially when you put them in the microwave and they get HUGE.

Watching: Vh1-Nocturnal State/Static

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosalyn said...

jeebs..i love how much you love peeps adn i got a smile on my face when i read that it's time for them...now i do not like them but i love that you do...also I'm going to go broke if i drink anymore peach or raspberry tea from sonic..i'm in love! ro

9:11 AM  
Blogger Lindsay Barker said...

I thought about you when I saw Easter peeps in Target. I think that will forever remain something that is connected to you... :)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home