Friday, August 18, 2006

do your chain hang low

Well. It is Friday. Thank goodness. I'm restless and just ready for some weekend time when I can schedule whatever I want and not do whatever I want. There are a few things I definately need to get accomplished, but it will be nice to just do it on my own time.

I've been feeling kinda funky the past couple of days. Just thinking a lot again. I'm finding I don't have a whole bunch of time to let my brain just run wild, so these past few days when it has, it has sort of made everything off-kilter. Not quite sure what it is. The 6-week funk maybe? Probably, I've heard that's pretty catching.

I'm dog-sitting for Immy and King this weekend. Should be fun, I'm looking forward to playing a lot. We're pretty good friends. I just know it is going to make me want a puppy even sooner. All in due time. We have a refrigerator at work and it has an ice machine in the door. There is NEVER any ice in there, but people always, without fail, pound the lever over and over. It is all in vain. Just open the door and look before you go pounding away, they should know after five visits to the freezer that there is never any ice in there. Seriously. Maybe I am just more sensitive to it seeing as how my office is like three yards from said appliance. It just drives me crazy.

Here's the thing, there are some circumstances in life that I think I will absolutely never understand. There are a few right now to which I just say "Ummmm, what???" Yeah. We all have those, right? (my eyes are burning right now, dang contacts are driving me bananas) I'm sleepy, I stayed up past my bedtime last night talking on the phone. I felt like I was in high school again, it was funny. The whole thing was funny, not just feeling like I was in high school. I'm such an oversharer; I need a new filter. Whatever, I obviously am not too afraid of offending anyone; if I was I probably wouldn't say half the things I do. Things are funny. I feel like I have plenty of things to consider, but aboslutely no ability to take an action or make a decision. Why is that? Circumstances. People always say "timing is everything" with relationships or whatever, but isn't that pretty true in the rest of life? I feel like timing is everything has become my life's mantra. That and "patience grasshopper." ha.

THE ICE MACHINE HAS NO ICE! STOP POUNDING!

Back to my thoughts, anyways, so I have been experiencing so many odd things lately. That is really the only was to describe them. Odd. They aren't "super weird" or "awful" just odd. Random would probably work too. Just funny occurances, conversations, thoughts, looks, ideas, intentions, etc. Just all over the place. This morning at one point I totally weirded out. It was like I took a step back and saw everything that was going on and realized that I felt silly. I kind of like being silly though. Anyways, the moral of the story is, things are odd, and I'm back to my daily grind of attempting to process and realize where it all fits in, becuase honestly a lot of it seems erroneous. Like static. But it is still happening, not just a blip, so what's gonna give? I mean seriously, some of it just seems like it is happening just to happen, for no purpose or good or bad, it is just going on. Just thinking in type...that's all. So then there are those times that you do or say things and then you just stop and think "Whhhhaaaaatttt?" Haha. Oh man, these days.

Anyways, that is all. I'm all over the place, as normal and I'm again missing some things today. Also wanting some things, not wanting some things, wishing I had some things, thinking how nice it might be if things just "were" instead of being complicated. But there are always little strings somewhere aren't there? We just don't always see them at first.

2 Comments:

Blogger Price said...

it's okay. Novela only has one "L" in it. I figured one night of phone confessions a week might even be a lot. Tonight, you were on your own.

Don't let weird scare you. Weird is the new normal.

1:43 AM  
Blogger jennifer said...

sorry, price, novella has two l's. and you started it; weird doesn't scare me, just weirds me out...

mize: i love you, i'm going to call you, and i'm an s&c slacker, i know...t-t-t-today junior.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home