Tuesday, August 15, 2006

natural artesian water

So the other day I'm watching the TV guide channel, right? Because, let's face it, I really like the TV guide channel, even though Talan from Laguna Beach is now a contributing reporter for "Teen Talk" or something like that. It took me a minute to figure it out, but it is definately him. Anyways, so I'm watching all the shows scroll by, and have you noticed they scroll so slow when you are just ready to get to a certain channel, but scroll super fast when you are actually trying to read everything?? We get to the Discovery Channel, right, and guess what is coming on at 8:30 p.m.? "The Science of Shark Sex." WHAT??? a) what member of American's general population is really going to watch that? b) who in their right mind in the marketing department at the Discovery Channel thought shark sex was the next big thing? c) how did the camera guys feel about having to tape that? No, I didn't bother watching.


Next. It seems we have entered some sort of countdown stage to the five year anniversary of 9/11. Please do not misunderstand me here, I think it is a day that should be remembered with reverence and sobriety, but doesn't it feel like everyone is going a little crazy? With the whole giant terrorist arrest in London last week, and 9/11 coming up, people are freaking out. And CNN, Fox News, the History Channel, et al, are showing specials about different aspects of 9/11. "The Miracle of Stairway B" about the people in the second tower who escaped down a stairwell, specials about the security of America and the number of possible targets in any given city--landmarks, ports, airports, shopping malls; World Trade Center opening last week (which had very low numbers at the box office)... I don't know. It just makes me think. I understand the exploration may just be part of the healing process. And it was a very public event, so it seems natural that healing must take place on a public level, but something about all the hoopla just rubs me the wrong way.

It is Tuesday and it feels like Monday. Last night was my first night of dance classes, which were fun. Tonight we go at it again, and then again tomorrow. I think having another place to go besides work, home and Ky and Eric's house will be good for me. I was going to start running again last night, but it started pouring. It was torrential when I was driving home from the dance studio, then it lightened up, but was pretty steady until I went to bed. The ground needed the rain though. Still raining this morning, though there isn't a window in my office so it may have stopped by now.

At work I like to eat beef jerky and fruit roll-ups. My bangs are in my face right now. Kind of driving me crazy. I feel very mod today. Is it obvious that I am not wanting to work? Yeah...I thought so. There is a furry headband at J. Crew that I think needs to belong to me.

I freak out less these days. That is good. Even though there are probably a few things that I should in fact freak out about. I just haven't been really. I like that. Although I'm looking for a few things to reach a breaking point in the next five days or so; an experience I am actually anticipating, just so I don't even have to consider a few thoughts anymore. That'll be good.

I love the rain. Would someone like to come play in it with me? Great, see you outside.

Listening: Sigur Ros, ( )

1 Comments:

Blogger Price said...

Nice blog, rain and stuff. I think you're lonely in OKC.

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home